With the rise of digital media, different file formats have emerged to provide better devices and an improved user experience. Among them, MP4 and MP3 are two of the most popular audio and video file formats. While MP4 videos may offer superior quality and better features, the MP3 audio format is widely preferred for its compatibility, small size, and transferability. The good news is, if you have an MP4 video file that you wish to convert to MP3, you can easily do that using Windows 7 without needing any specialized software. In this article, we’ll discuss three effective methods that can help you convert MP4 to MP3 in Windows 7.
Method 1: Using Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is a built-in media player that comes with Windows operating systems. Aside from playing media files, this application also allows you to convert audio and video files to different formats, including MP3. Here’s how you can use it to convert MP4 to MP3 in Windows 7:
1. Open Windows Media Player by clicking the "Start" button and typing "Windows Media Player" in the search box.
2. Once the application opens, click on the "Organize" button, select "Options," and choose "Rip Music."
3. In the "Rip Music" window, click on the "Change" button and select "MP3" from the dropdown menu.
4. Go to the folder where your MP4 file is saved, drag and drop the file into the Windows Media Player library.
5. Select the MP4 file from the library, right-click on it, and choose "Convert" from the dropdown menu.
6. Choose "MP3" as the output format, and select the destination folder where you wish to save your file.
7. Finally, click on the "Start Rip" button to start converting your MP4 file to MP3 format.
Method 2: Using an Online Converter
If you don’t want to download any software to your computer, you can opt to use an online converter to convert your MP4 file to MP3. There are several online converters available that are free and easy to use. Here are the steps to convert MP4 to MP3 using an online converter:
1. Open your web browser and search for "Online MP4 to MP3 converter" or any other similar phrase.
2. From the search results, choose any of the online converters that you prefer.
3. Once the converter’s website loads, click on the "Upload" button or drag and drop the MP4 file you wish to convert.
4. Choose "MP3" as the output format from the dropdown list.
5. Click on "Convert" or "Start" button to start the conversion process.
6. After the conversion is complete, download the newly converted MP3 file to your computer.
Method 3: Using a Converter Software
Another way to convert MP4 to MP3 in Windows 7 is to use a converter software. There are several converter software programs available, both free and paid, that you can download and install on your computer. However, we recommend using the "Any Audio Converter" software as it is free, easy to use, and supports different file formats. Here are the steps to convert MP4 to MP3 using Any Audio Converter:
1. Download and install "Any Audio Converter" from their official website.
2. Once the installation is complete, launch the program.
3. Click on the "Add Video" button and choose the MP4 file that you want to convert.
4. Select "MP3 Audio" as the output format from the drop-down menu.
5. If you wish to change any other settings, click on the gear icon next to the output format option.
6. Select the destination folder where you want to save the converted file.
7. Finally, click on the "Convert" button to start converting your MP4 file to MP3 format.
Q1. What is the difference between MP3 and MP4?
A1. MP3 is a compressed format used for audio files while MP4 is used for video and audio files. MP3 offers better compatibility and smaller file sizes compared to MP4.
Q2. Can I convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10?
A2. Yes, you can convert MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10 using the same methods mentioned in this article as well.
Q3. Are online converters safe to use?
A3. Most of the online converters are safe to use, but it’s always best to check reviews and ratings before using any online service to avoid any potential risks.
Q4. Can I convert multiple MP4 files to MP3 at once?
A4. Yes, you can. Some software tools, like "Any Audio Converter," allow you to add multiple files and convert them to MP3 format simultaneously.
Q5. Can I edit the output file before converting MP4 to MP3?
A5. Yes, you can edit the output file before converting your MP4 file to MP3 format. Most of the converters allow you to change the output file format, bitrate, and other settings.
Q6. Do I need to pay to use the "Any Audio Converter" software?
A6. No, "Any Audio Converter" is a free software that you can download and use without incurring any cost.
Converting MP4 to MP3 in Windows 7 is an easy and straightforward process. If you prefer a built-in solution, Windows Media Player can be a great option to convert your MP4 files to MP3. Online converters are also a good choice if you don’t want to download any software. Alternatively, you can choose to download any converter software like "Any Audio Converter" that offers advanced settings and more flexibility. Regardless of your choice, ensure to select the output folder correctly as it can save you time on searching for the new file.