As a gamer, you might be using the Xbox app on your Windows 10 computer to connect with friends, stream games, and even record your gameplay. However, there may be a time when you decide to remove the app, either to clear up storage space or if you no longer use it. Whatever your reason, it’s important to know how to correctly and completely remove the Xbox app. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of deleting the Xbox app on Windows 10.
We understand that not everyone is tech-savvy, which is why we have written this guide with easy-to-follow steps. The process of uninstalling the Xbox app is relatively straightforward, and we’ve listed a few methods to help you get rid of the app effortlessly.
- Uninstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 can help free up storage space on your computer.
- There are multiple ways to uninstall the Xbox app on Windows 10.
- It’s important to correctly and completely remove the Xbox app to eliminate any leftover files that may cause problems in the future.
Methods to Uninstall the Xbox App on Windows 10
Method 1: Using the Start Menu
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to uninstall the Xbox app from your Windows 10 computer. Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- Click the Start menu located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type "Xbox" in the search box.
- Right-click the Xbox app icon, which should be the first result in the list of search results, and select "Uninstall" from the drop-down menu.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Quick and easy to perform.
- Does not require any technical expertise.
- May not remove all Xbox app-related files from your computer.
- May not work if the Xbox app is currently running.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
This method involves using the built-in Settings app in Windows 10. Here’s what you need to do:
- Click the "Start" menu and then select "Settings."
- Click on "Apps."
- Find the "Xbox" app from the list of installed apps and click on it.
- Select "Uninstall" and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Uses a built-in Windows 10 feature.
- Can remove all related Xbox app files.
- May not be as straightforward as using the Start menu.
- Requires more clicks and navigation through the Settings app.
Method 3: Using Powershell
This method involves using PowerShell, which is a command-line interface used in the Windows operating system. Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- Open the Start menu and search for "Windows PowerShell."
- Right-click on "Windows PowerShell" and then click on "Run as Administrator."
- Type the following command:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Xbox.App | Remove-AppxPackageand press "Enter."
- The command will automatically uninstall the Xbox app from your computer.
- Removes all related Xbox app files and registry entries.
- Works even if the Xbox app is running.
- May not be suitable for non-tech-savvy users.
- Requires typing in commands, which may be intimidating.
Method 4: Using a Third-Party Software Uninstaller
If the above methods do not work, you can try using a third-party software uninstaller to remove the Xbox app from your computer. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and install a reputable software uninstaller tool.
- Launch the software uninstaller and let it scan your computer.
- Find the Xbox app in the list of installed programs and select it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the Xbox app completely.
- Can remove all related Xbox app files and registry entries.
- Easy to use and requires no technical expertise.
- May not be free.
- May install additional software on your computer.
Why Can’t I Uninstall the Xbox App on Windows 10?
There may be several reasons why you can’t uninstall the Xbox app on Windows 10:
- The Xbox app is currently running in the background.
- The app is a built-in Windows 10 component and cannot be removed using traditional methods.
- The app is corrupted or has been modified, making it difficult to uninstall.
- Close the Xbox app and ensure it is not running in the background.
- Try using the PowerShell method or a third-party software uninstaller.
- If the app is corrupted, try repairing it using the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooting tool or reinstalling it and then uninstalling it again.
- After uninstalling the Xbox app, make sure to restart your computer to ensure that all related files have been removed.
- If you use other Xbox services such as Xbox Live or Xbox Game Pass, uninstalling the Xbox app will not affect those services.
- You can always reinstall the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store if you change your mind and decide to use it again.
- If you experience any issues after uninstalling the Xbox app, try using the System File Checker tool to repair any damaged system files.
5 FAQs about Uninstalling Xbox App on Windows 10
Q1. Can I reinstall the Xbox app after uninstalling it?
A1. Yes, you can always reinstall the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store if you decide to use it again in the future.
Q2. What happens to my game saves and settings after uninstalling the Xbox app?
A2. Your game saves and settings are not affected by uninstalling the Xbox app. They are saved on your computer’s hard drive or in the cloud if you use Xbox Live.
Q3. Can I get rid of the Xbox app entirely?
A3. No, the Xbox app is a built-in Windows 10 component and cannot be completely removed. However, you can uninstall it to free up storage space and remove any unused features.
Q4. Will uninstalling the Xbox app affect my Xbox Live account?
A4. No, uninstalling the Xbox app will not affect your Xbox Live account. You can still access Xbox Live and use other Xbox services.
Q5. Do I need to restart my computer after uninstalling the Xbox app?
A5. Yes, it is recommended to restart your computer after uninstalling the Xbox app to ensure that all related files have been removed.
Removing the Xbox app on Windows 10 may seem daunting at first, but with the right guidance and methods, it can be an easy and straightforward process. Whether you want to free up storage space or simply do not use the app anymore, the methods outlined in this blog post will help you uninstall the Xbox app quickly and efficiently.
We hope this guide has been helpful in removing the Xbox app on your Windows 10 computer. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below!