Text messages have become an integral aspect of our daily lives, and losing some important messages can result in lots of inconveniences. iPhones are among the most popular gadgets that people use to send text messages. However, sometimes it’s easy to accidentally delete some important text messages. If you have encountered this problem, you may be wondering how to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone. In this blog post, we have compiled some simple methods that you can use to find deleted text messages on your iPhone.
To perform the methods described below, you need to have your iPhone and an internet-connected computer or laptop. Make sure that your iPhone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Additionally, you need to have an iCloud account and iTunes installed on your computer.
What Should I Pay Attention to?
Before starting the recovery process, it is important to note that once you delete a text message on your iPhone, it is not permanently erased. The message is rather marked as "deleted" and hidden from the user’s view. Therefore, if you want to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone, you need to act as soon as possible before the messages are overwritten and permanently deleted. Also, keep in mind that the recovery process may not be successful if you have not backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes.
Method 1: Recover deleted text messages from iCloud Backup
Before using this method, ensure you have created an iCloud backup before the text messages you want to recover were deleted.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings and click on your name.
2. Select iCloud and then iCloud Backup.
3. Check if your iPhone has an iCloud backup by looking at the date of the latest backup. If not, click on "Back Up Now" to create a new backup.
4. On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
5. Click on "Text Messages" under the "Apps Using iCloud" section.
6. Look for the deleted text message you want to recover and click on it to view its content.
Q: Can I recover text messages that were deleted before I created an iCloud backup?
A: Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover text messages that were deleted before you created an iCloud backup. Also, if you did not turn on the Text Message feature in your iCloud, you would not be able to recover your deleted messages.
Method 2: Recover deleted text messages using iTunes Backup
Before using this method, ensure you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes before the text messages you want to recover were deleted.
1. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it.
2. Click on your iPhone in iTunes and select "Summary."
3. Click "Restore Backup" and select the backup that contains the deleted text messages you want to recover.
4. Click "Restore" and wait for the process to complete.
5. Once the restoration process is complete, the deleted text messages should be restored to your iPhone.
Q: Can I recover deleted text messages using iTunes without a backup?
A: Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover deleted text messages using iTunes without a backup. Therefore, ensure that you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes to enable successful recovery.
Method 3: Recover deleted text messages using a third-party app
There are many third-party apps that you can use to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone. One of the most popular apps is Dr. Fone, which is available for both iOS and Android.
1. Download and install Dr. Fone on your computer.
2. Launch the app and click on "Recover from iOS Device."
3. Connect your iPhone to your computer and wait for it to be recognized by Dr. Fone.
4. Click "Start Scan" and wait for the program to scan your iPhone for deleted text messages.
5. Once the scan is complete, you can preview the recovered text messages and select the ones you want to recover.
6. Click on "Recover to Device" and wait for the process to complete. The recovered messages should be restored to your iPhone.
Q: Is it safe to use third-party apps to recover deleted text messages on iPhone?
A: Yes, it is safe to use third-party apps to recover deleted text messages on your iPhone. However, ensure that you download reputable apps from reputable sites and read reviews from other users before deciding on which app to use.
Method 4: Contact your service provider
If none of the above methods work, you can contact your service provider to help you retrieve deleted text messages. Service providers usually save all text messages that are sent or received on their networks. However, retrieving deleted text messages from service providers may involve some legal procedures.
Q: Can I retrieve deleted text messages without contacting my service provider?
A: No, it is not possible to retrieve deleted text messages without contacting your service provider or using any of the above methods.
With any of these methods, you can easily retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone. However, ensure that you act as soon as possible before the messages are permanently deleted. Always make sure that you regularly back up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes to enable successful recovery in case of any future loss of data.