Spotify is the popular music streaming app that has taken the world by storm. It is the perfect way to listen to your favorite music anytime, anywhere. However, many people have complained that Spotify opens up automatically on startup in Windows 10 which can be annoying when you start your system. So, in this blog, we are going to explain how to stop Spotify opening on startup Windows 10. We will list several methods with steps that can help you to fix this issue permanently.
Before we move ahead, there are a few things that you need to know. These are the requirements to follow the methods listed in this blog.
1. You need to have a basic knowledge of Windows 10 operating system.
2. You should have Spotify installed on your computer.
3. You should have admin access to your system.
4. Follow the steps carefully to avoid any problems.
What should be paid attention to?
There are a few things that you should pay attention to while following the methods mentioned below.
1. Make sure you have closed Spotify completely before attempting any of these methods.
2. Some methods might require you to access the startup folder that is hidden by default, so make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
3. If you have any doubts or questions, please refer to the FAQ section at the end of the blog.
Method 1: Using Task Manager
If you want to prevent Spotify from opening on startup, you can use the Task Manager to disable its auto-start. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard to open up the Task Manager.
2. Click on the Startup tab at the top of the Task Manager window.
3. Locate Spotify from the list of apps that appear here.
4. Right-click on the app and select Disable from the context menu.
5. Close the Task Manager window and restart your computer.
Method 2: Using the Settings App
If you are not comfortable with using Task Manager, you can use the Settings app to disable Spotify from starting up. Here are the steps to be followed.
1. Press Win + I keys together on your keyboard to open up the Settings app.
2. Click on the Apps option.
3. In the left pane, locate Spotify and click on it.
4. In the right pane, click on the Advanced options link.
5. Toggle off the switch that says "Runs at Startup".
6. Close the Settings app and restart your computer.
Method 3: Using the Startup Folder
If you want to remove Spotify from the Startup folder, follow the steps given below.
1. Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard to open up the Run dialog box.
2. Type ‘shell:startup’ in the Run box and press Enter.
3. The Startup folder will open up. Locate Spotify from the list of apps that appear here.
4. Right-click on the app and select Delete from the context menu.
5. Close the Startup folder and restart your computer.
Why Can’t I Stop Spotify Opening on Startup Windows 10?
1. Sometimes, the Spotify app can re-enable itself on startup, even if you have disabled it. This can happen due to a glitch or bug in the app.
2. Some third-party apps or software on your computer can interfere with Spotify and cause it to start up automatically.
3. If any of the methods mentioned above are not executed properly, Spotify may continue to start up on startup Windows 10.
If you are still facing issues with Spotify starting up automatically on Windows 10, try the following suggestions.
1. Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app on your computer.
2. Check if any third-party software is interfering with Spotify and causing it to start up automatically. Uninstall or disable these apps.
3. Check for any updates to the Spotify app and install them.
4. Contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.
Q. Why is Spotify opening on startup?
A. Spotify may be opening on startup due to the auto-start feature in the settings. It can also happen due to a glitch or bug in the app.
Q. Can I stop Spotify from opening on startup on other Windows versions?
A. Yes, you can stop Spotify from opening on startup on other Windows versions as well by following similar methods. The process may differ slightly based on the Windows version you are using.
Q. Can I delete Spotify from my computer to fix this issue?
A. Yes, you can uninstall Spotify from your computer to fix this issue. However, if you want to continue using Spotify, you can follow the methods listed in this blog to disable auto-start.
Q. How do I check for updates to the Spotify app?
A. You can check for updates to the Spotify app by opening the app and going to the Help option in the menu bar. From there, select "Check for Updates".
Q. Will disabling auto-start for Spotify affect any other app on my computer?
A. No, disabling auto-start for Spotify will not affect any other app on your computer. It will only prevent Spotify from opening up automatically on startup.
Spotify is an excellent app for music lovers, but if it starts opening automatically on Windows 10, it can be quite annoying. Thankfully, several methods can help you fix this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in this blog carefully to disable auto-start for Spotify. If you have any doubts or questions, please refer to the FAQ section for more information.